Wednesday, August 9, 2017

GDP099 - Wedding Card

Hello! I am playing along this week with the Global Design Project challenge. I had planned on sharing a card I made for a wedding we went to on Friday and what do you know..... this week's theme is wedding/anniversary. PERFECT!! Check out the challenge HERE. So on Friday we went to a wedding for a friend of ours and of course I had to make a card.



Here is a picture of me and my husband all dressed up. We haven't been to a wedding in a while so it was nice to get out and get dressed up. (And we'll be doing this again in exactly one month when other friends of ours are getting married).


Anyway, moving on to the card.


I used the Celebration Time bundle to make a fun, pretty card. The bride's colors were pink and navy so I stuck with that color scheme. Isn't this so pretty. I wanted to make the card fun yet nice for a wedding. The embossed background adds a little something to the card without it being too overwhelming. I also had to make sure I added some glitter (Silver and Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper) and sequins, of course! The new Iridescent sequins are my favorite!!!


Another thing to note on this card is that it's not the standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 size card. I wanted something longer so that I didn't have to fold up the money or check we planned to put inside. So this card is 3 1/2 by 6. I don't do it often but it's fun to make different size cards. And if I had more time I would have made a pretty envelope to match with the envelope punch board. Oh well, maybe for the next wedding! :)

Don't forget to stop by Global Design Project and join in on the challenge.

Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. Impressive! I really like this blog, keep update.
    Thanks for giving this information…
    kadkahwinmalaysia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dear,
    Nice information about Wedding Card. Nowadays we come across many traditional paperback cards. But, in this gen X, we all want to go Eco-friendly and be little kind of nature also, innovative. Lavender Paperie created few Wedding invitations cards, which are upbeat funky and are the total must do for the wedding. These would definitely add spunk to your wedding and also a personal touch to your wedding invitations.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Angeliica

    ReplyDelete